[Gpdd] [BREEDING] Handling babies

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 15:04:37 EST 2003

When the five "mamans" I rescued in January started having their babies, I
picked them all up to check them as soon as I saw them. Their mums were totally
"wild" really, having simply been kept in outdoor hutches and used as
baby-making machines, but they didn't seem to mind my handling the babies - even
though they themselves were pretty scared of me.

Baby piggies are amazing - such exact miniature replicas of adult pigs from
day one. It is so very different from newborn rabbits, which are blind and bald
at birth.

Enjoy your babies - pick them up and give them food in your hands from an
early age - and take loads of photos, because they are so cute, and grow up so
quickly!

Debbie (and her "Dolly Mixtures!")