[Gpdd] health: cranberry juice

Lena /Ankhesen lena-wennberg at post.utfors.se
Sun Nov 9 07:33:42 EST 2003

HI Debra and Patches

In sweden cranberry juice is a very common medical treatment for UVI (a
natural health product).
It reduce the number of bacteria in the urine bladder because of it
sour/acid chemical structure...like C-vitamins (bubbling pills )you can
drink.
(Cranberry juice prevents UVI at humans..if it haven´t developed too
much.I belive it´s a good PREVENTING medication)

If Patches stones comes from UVI it would work...
but I can think of another reason to give him cranberry juice, if you
have a stone inyour bladder it would make the bladder sour..../irritated
( it´s hard to find the right words in english) then by giving him
cranberry juice you would prevent comlication to the stone.
Blood in urine gives sign that the bladder IS irritated.

You made me think of something.I have read that cranberry juice is rich
with C-vitamins..that would be great to give the piggies.And at the same
time that would prevent UVI.

but I would start carefully with giving the juice..to check that his
digestive system is ok with it.
(And make sure that the cranberry juice is natural , not with a lot of
chemical substance added to it)
Give him 0,4 ml in a syringe (you can get it at a farmacy) every second
day...after two days check his poos .

I have experience that a lot of people around the world is making there
piggies healthier with natural health product..and why not. Usually they
are harmless and more beneficial for us than chemical substances.
(But watch out because some herbs are poisness for the piggies as we
have heard here at Gpdd)

Good luck sincerly Reg. Nurse Lena slave to Kotte and Linus