[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Holly has gone to the rainbow bridge

Bronwyn Gray bgray at windnetcs.com
Sun Nov 9 12:26:54 EST 2003

It is with a broken heart that tell you all that my precious little went to the rainbow bridge yesterday morning.

It has been a 7 week battle trying to keep her going and finally it was all too much so with the vets help we made the most painful decision I have ever made.

Holly came to me on Christmas eve 1999 as a present from my husband. I was so excited that I nearly burst. At a time in my life when I did not know where I was going she brought some companionship and comfort to me as my husband travelled with work so much. She has been a constant joy in my life and I know out of all the little piggies at the pet shop that day she was the lucky one. My husband said he chose her as she had ants in her pants running around the pen.
I would play with her all day and sit and cuddle her all the time and it all paid off as eventually all I had to do was put my hand in her cage and she would come running over and jump up on it.

On a morning when I woke up she would give me chance to go to the toilet and then when I came back in to the room she would chew on her cage like a fiend for hay and would not stop until I gave her some which of course I did.

I would have her out in the TV room for about an hour most nights and she would run around and then go and "hide" behind a blanket I draped over the edge of the couch for her and if I had my nice baggy PJ bottoms on she would crawl up the leg and snuggle next to my leg. She would try to chew the corner of the TV stand and I would say her namely quite sternly and she would give me that look that they have. And if I went downstairs to the bathroom ahs would stand at the edge of the stairs and squeak for me.

One night we were laid in bed and she was moving around her cage and my husband said talk to her, so I gave my usual squeak and she talked back. We did that a few times and then she gave up.

I would come home from work and as I went up the stairs she would squeak like crazy but if my husband went up she would stay quiet - she knew when it was me.
Even to the end when the vet put her down and she could barely move she got as close to me as possible and nudged my hand with her cute little nose  to be picked up which of course I did.

I write this with tears pouring down my face knowing that she was adored and well taken care of but still feeling like there was something else I could have done. How can something so small work it's way into my heart so much. Well I guess that is an easy answer.
Each time over the nearly 4 years I have been reading this digest that someone has told of the passing of a precious big my heart has sunk knowing that one day I would be there too.

I have felt honoured to have her as a friend and that there are many people out there that know exactly how I feel.
Every night as I turned by light off I would say - night night Holly, you're the sweetest little piggy in the whole wide world and I love you very much. I think that says it all.

thanks you for listening and understanding
Bron