[Gpdd] (CARE) Re: Secretion gland

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 20:01:39 EST 2003

Alge,
I've had pretty good luck cleaning my boars' secretion
gland with a common household degreaser called Simple
Green; it comes in a spray bottle, is (obviously)
green in color and smells like sassafras (a spicy root
used to make tea that reminds one of ginger).
Or, for pigs that are really sensitive, I use a facial
cleanser for oily skin. Oil of Olay brand or Aveda
(nothing but the best for my babies!) are my
favorites. Just don't scrub the area too much--it
seems to kick the gland into overdrive! Hope this
helps.
Stacy and the Squee Squad