[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Rejected for "Not Subscribed to this list"?

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Mon Nov 10 21:43:54 EST 2003

Subscribe and posting:

http://www.gpdd.org/faq.html#faq8

GPDD Admin keeps receiving queries from frustrated subscribers, "Why are do
my posts keeping getting rejected when I know I am subscribed?" The most
common cause of this problem is that you are signing up with one
e-mail address and posting from another.

Most large mail systems use multiple servers to deliver mail. It is
important to configure your mailer to email your identity and reply address
to the *same address* that you subscribed to the digest with. For example,
a person may subscribe using the email address of "gpslave at gpdd.org" but
have mail coming from server names like "gpslave at mail.gpdd.org" or
"gpslave at zeus.gpdd.org". Make sure to configure all your reply-to address
to "gpslave at gpdd.org".

Another problem is caused when you sign up with one e-mail address and try
and post from another. If you subscribe with your home e-mail and try to
send a message from your work e-mail, your messge will get flagged.
Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do about this right now; the GPDD
Moderators' Team will see if we can come up with a creative solution.

The GPDD Team