[Gpdd] [HEALTH] advice needed! Piggy with grey spot in eye

Jolanda van Hintum jvanhintum at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:11:28 EST 2003

Hello dear piggie-lovers,

I hope some of you can give me some advice.
One of my piggies, Youp, has brown/red eyes, they're not red like an
albino-red-eye would be. They're really brown only when the light shines in
his eyes they seem red and also on pictures it is extremely hard not to have
his eyes light up red (little devil ;) )

But now for my question, I recently found out that he has a tiny grey spot
in his left eye. It doesn't seem sore or seems to bother him in any way, but
still... it's something that wasn't there before.
First I thought he must have gotten a bit of hay or something poked in his
eye, but it's now 3 weeks on and it hasn't changed in size... it's not
getting smaller, but it's not getting bigger either... so I'm not sure what
to do.

Does anybody know what this might be and if it's necessary to see a vet? I'm
not reluctant to see the vet or anything, it's just that it stresses him a
lot (since I don't have a car and must take him there by bike...) and it
doesn't seem to bother him.

Well I hope some of you know what this might be.
Thanks in advance.
Greetinxxx from chilly Holland!!