[Gpdd] [MISC] Petco and Horrible Pet shops!

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Tue Nov 11 12:36:57 EST 2003

It occurs to me that if a few of us notice these problems with darling GP's
at any pet stores, it is likely that similar situations occur in other
stores and with other animals.  Maybe we should all make a point to just
visit whatever pet stores we can, whenever we can ("vote early and vote
often"), and check out all live animals.
If we notice a problem, speak with the manager and find out what he intends
to do. Then go back (or ask a friend to go in if you can't make it) within a
day or two to follow up and be sure it is being corrected.  In the Tulsa
area, whenever someone notices a problem like this, if we can't get it
resolved satisfactorily we can contact any of our three network tv stations
and they will check into it.  I guarantee you, no business wants this kind
of publicity, and poor treatment of animals gets a lot of attention very
quickly.  There are also various agencies and groups that will help.
Shouldn't we all do what we can in defense of our little friends?
Susi and the Okie Piggies  -  Snowy & CocoPuff