[Gpdd] (CARE) pls help! problem with arguing/nearly fighting young sows

Monica.Vatne at ewos.com Monica.Vatne at ewos.com
Wed Nov 12 03:31:23 EST 2003

Hi there!

I have just really discovered the fun and pleasure of being a piggies owner
(or slave)  :).
I might have a problem.I have two young sows ( age 8 weeks).I have just had
them  for almost three weeks now.The piggie girls didnt know eachother
before i put them together.(I bought them in different pet stores.) And
they are almost constantly having a go at eachother.They chases eachother
round and round in the cage while making those "get away from me"
sqeeks.Its always just one of them that starts this and then chases the
other until its tired out.Both the piggies are doing this.They are taking
turns in who is bulleing who.Its really disturbing to watch this.Earlier
they also turned and faced eachother with their noses sticking high up in
the air and it looked like they were going to bite eachother.
How long will this battling go on??They have done this for two weeks now,
everyday, several times a day.
Is this normal behaviour?? Is it a dominance thing??
I am really worried about this.I guess when they are grown up , they will
act out a lot less??.

Monica
---This verifies that this e-mail has been scanned for virus and deemed
virus-free according to Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering for Domino V3.1 ---