[Gpdd] [CARE] Petco and PetSmart

Jenni jenni at beethoven.com
Wed Nov 12 09:34:49 EST 2003

Hi all,  Our PetSmart in Daytona Beach always seems to have really clean
cages and the little ones seem to be healthy.  The assistant that has shown
us the pets seemed to be very knowledgeable and caring with the animals. At
the time when I couldn't find piggy rescues in Fla. or didn't even think of
it, I have gotten 2 of my piggys there.  Now I would most certainly look for
a piggy rescue first (we got several of our ferrets from rescue and they
were wonderful).
NOW for PETCO...that store should be closed!!  The teenaged staff looked
like they'd rather be out partying, didn't know, didn't care.  Cages were so
small it made me sick.  Usually I don't shop there, but this time I happened
to be in the store next door and needed piggy food.  I'll never go in there
again.
I will certainly keep an eye on our PetSmart though now! Especially with the
amount of time I spend there (dog food, rat food, piggy food, bedding, etc,
always need something)   And checking the water bottles and such is a good
idea!
Thanks for the heads up!        Jenni & Beethoven