[Gpdd] Health: Re: Update on Bleeding Piggie, Galant...

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 09:29:42 EST 2003

Hi Micah,
I'm glad that Galant is feeling better
and the blood is disappearing. I know
you must have been scared for your baby
when you saw her spotting blood. I have
a couple of questions for you--  In your
last post, you said that if you saw blood
again that you would take her to your
regular Vet and see about a hysterectomy.

Well, my Brownie Bear has also been bleeding
"down there" and she has been on & off
antiobiotics for a few months now. I finally
had to take her to an Exotics-only Vet because
my regular Vet sees Exotics, but doesn't really
specialize in them. Anyways, she mentioned
that there could be a problem with Brownie's
uterus and also talked about getting her
spayed. Did your Vet say what the problem
could be??? Like cancer or ??? I'm just trying
to get as much information as possible before
I even consider surgery. Because the idea of
putting my Brownie Bear through surgery scares
me. :-(

Also, I have been checking my Bear's urine daily
and it looks very healthy now, but there's still
blood in it. I use urine strips to check her
urine because it got rather $Expensive$ getting
the full urinalysis at the Vet's (at $30 a pop).
So, if you are interested in getting urine strips,
I found a website that sells a generic brand for
under $30. The name brands are VERY EXPENSIVE--
they could really put a hurtin' on the pocket book.
So, check out...

         http://www.hocks.com

Click on 'Diabetic Supplies'
Then, click on 'Urine Testing'
On page 4, close to the bottom,
it's Item # UT-10  URINE TEST STRIPS 10 PLUS SG

Very affordable, very effective, your piggie will
love ya for it...

I hope Galant is feeling better and that all of
your piggies are doing well.
         Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)