[Gpdd] [HEALTH] piggie with grey spot in eye

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 15:40:40 EST 2003

My guinea pig, Tasha, had cataracts and she had a
grey-look in her eyes. It started small and got
bigger. If this is the case with yours, there isn't
anything you can do to make it better. Guinea pig
adjust very well though. There eyesight goes down, but
they get around fairly good. Don't change things
around because they will go on memory as their
eyesight gets worse or they end up going blind. I
always made sure that I put Tasha down in the same
place when I got her out. I put the food in the same
place and she would run straight to it. When they go
completely blind, they will follow other pigs and
depend on their hearing and smelling. Hopefully,
your's is just something that can be cured easily.
Keep us updated.

Dawnda Stricklen

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven