[Gpdd] CARE: Cuddle Cups & Flannel pee-pads

Louise August laugust at umich.edu
Fri Nov 14 17:49:09 EST 2003

We love those "flannel pee-pads".

I bought a couple of packages fairly chepaly at Wal-Mart. My pigs seem to
have several favorite toilet spots, so I put down a pee-pad covered with a
section of newspaper. The pads are just about the size of a section of
newspaper folded in half. Then twice a day I change the newspaper. The
pee-pad underneath keeps excess pee from soaking into the fleece bedding.
Works beautifully - no smell and we only need a complete cleaning once a
week.

They also work beautifully for a certain pig who can't be trusted not to
pee in my lap (name withheld to avoid excessive embarassment). I put a pee
pad on my lap and cover it with a towel. The towel absorbs most of the pee
and I stay dry!

The pigs also love thier cuddle cup beds - there seems to be something
about that nubby fleece lining that makes them crazy. The jump around and
wriggle so hard they sometimes end up on thier backs with all four legs in
the air! Hilarious! After a while they settle down and actually nap in them.

Both the pee pads and the cuddle cups have been going through the washer
and dryer along with the rest of the pig laundry for at least a year with
little sign of wear.