[Gpdd] [VIRTUAL] Arrival at Cape Alava

Pam Mitchell phm251 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 07:49:23 EST 2003

“Bailey, Bailey, wake up!”
“Whaat? Stuart, I was asleep.”
“Bailey, we’re here. Now hurry up. Taz and Patches have gone on ahead to get
us seats on the beach.”
“Why? Is the ceremony starting?” said Bailey, hurrying to gather up her
things.
“No, but we want to see the sunrise” said Stuart, budging up so that Bailey
could get in front of him.
“But, Stuart, it’ still DARK outside!” Bailey whined as she moved along with
the line getting off the shuttle.
“I know, silly but it will be sunrise soon and I want to see the sun rise at
the ocean.” Stuart crooned as he nudged his wife along.
“But, Stuart, the sun rises in the EAST.”
“Okay, then I want to see it rise up over the mountains. Besides, we don’t
know when the guys from the Bridge are arriving.”
“Oh”, breathed Bailey, “Duffie!”
“And Max”, Stuart reminded her as they stepped off the shuttle and joined
the line of pigs moving long the trail.
“Bailey, I heard on the plane that one of the guys is going to act as
‘Messenger” to the waifs across the Bridge.”
“Waifs?”
“Yeah, those little girl and boy pigs that either had a horrible life or
never found their forever homes before they crossed.”
“Ohhh. Oh, Stuart that could have been us!” said Bailey as tears started
down her cheeks.
“I know, but Miss Judy and Uncle Steve and Aunt Cindy made sure that Mom
found us.”
“And Taz!!!” cried Bailey weeping a bit harder.
“ Bailey, here, take my hankie. It’s okay. Mom found Taz just in time and
brought him home to us. Anyway, this little guy, I think he’s brother to
that guy running the Kissing Booth, is the one that’s going.”
“Mr. Cooders?” asked Bailey blowing her nose in a rather honking fashion.
“No, his brother Wilson.” said Stuart guiding Bailey along the turn onto the
beach path.
“But won’t he have to stay there?” squealed Bailey.
“No, this is a special occasion when the Bridge is open both ways.”
“But doesn’t that mean that
”
“No. All the ones that have gone on have to return but they’ll get to visit
for a bit. Anyway, Wilson will be carrying our message of love to all the
little lost ones so that they will know that we think of them all the time.”
“Oh, that’s wonderful!” said Bailey weeping a bit harder.
Stuart sighed. His pig-wife just loved a good cry.
“Bailey, could we hurry it just a bit more. I can hear the ocean and I would
like to find Patches and Taz before lunch!”
“Stuart, just how is it that after all that drinking you did you’re so
awake?”
“Bailey, me dear, you’ve got to try those Broccoli Blasters. How do you
think the band stayed awake the whole time?”
“Oh.” Said Bailey, hustling down the steps to the beach where Taz was waving
to them.
The sun was just peeking over the mountains and glinting off the water.