[Gpdd] [Silly?] Well, we finally got there. The last Golden Poo was laid.

Rod rod at megalink.net
Tue Nov 18 20:20:11 EST 2003

It all began on June the 17th of 1996.  The invitation was accepted and
Piglets from 19 countries heard the call and took up the challenge.

Now 6 1/2 years later.  Almost to the Day. Uncanny!   We have made it to
the Western Ocean.  We started at the most Eastern point of Maine, West
Quoddy Head Light and have ended at the beautiful wild coast of Cape Alava
in Washington State.

It took the efforts of 2811 Guinea Pigs form 19 countries and 253,433,600
Std 3/4" Poos to get us there.  I am totally humbled and immensely proud of
every single one of you.

Over the years, it has been a pleasure to Official Welcome each of you to
the team.  It was also sometimes difficult to send that letter of
condolence, when the time came for a piglet to hear the call. thereby
physically leaving us for the Bridge. You have been a kind of Family to
which I have had the privilege and pleasure to belong. For that, I most
sincerely thank you all.

Today,  the 17 of November at 03:00 PM.  We laid the last Golden Poo in
place and wrote a small paragraph into the book of Guinea Pig History.  A
shining achievement  to the determination  and grit of this brave and happy
band.

I have put a link on the first page of the Poo Trail Journal.  That will
take you to the final days events.  This is still an on going  work but
there is sufficient to give you a sense of the occasion we have witnessed
here today.

http://www.megalink.net/~rod/gpig.html

My grateful thanks to all who have assisted in the preparation and
execution of the days celebrations and I certainly hope every one gets back
home safe and sound.  No doubt tired but with a swollen heart that will
fill every chest to the brim.

The stated aim of the Poo Trail has always been to put a smile on your face
that just won't Quit. Just like these little guys that have managed to
outdo themselves here today.

We all live it a time of stress and pressure.  A little piece of silliness
can and does make it better.

I recall an e mail from  "down-under" several years ago. Some kids in the
outback who did school over the short wave radio each day . Wrote to say,
how they liked to do there homework whilst listening to "We are the
Champions" from the Poo Trail Page.   That said it all right there for me.

Thank you all.

Somewhat tried,  but proud and very happy to have made your acquaintance.

Rod.