[Gpdd] [CARE] hairball type cough

Jenni jenni at beethoven.com
Mon Nov 17 20:04:51 EST 2003

Dear Hanz and Mary,
My guinea had a cough one time that sounded like he was trying to hack up a
furball.  Of course that didn't occur to me at the time...I rushed him to
the vet thinking he had something really serious going on.  The vet listened
to his chest and back real good and his cough and felt certain he had a
hairball.  We gave him cat's hairball medicine (like a jelly- I pulled it up
into a little syringe and slowly squirted in the side of his mouth)  for
about a week.  And it worked great!!!  No problem since.  See your vet for a
check over and proper dosing though to be sure.  Let us know how it
es!   --Jenni & Beethoven