[Gpdd] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT:Recognition for a job well done

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 09:50:53 EST 2003

I may not be the first and certainly not the last to commend Rod for a job
well done throughout the years in managing the now famous "POO TRAIL". Any one
of you that has ever attempted to administer a program you KNOW how time
consuming and the amount of work that is required to organize, maintain and
ultimately bring it to fruition. NOW add to that, that same program extends worldwide
with entries having to be made on an almost daily basis. Well this is the task
that Rod took on some time ago. Without him, November 17th, 2003 would just
be another day. NOW it is quite possibly has become the first ever holiday to
take on international proportions. Ironically, this first ever "International
Holiday" has been declared for the least of Gods creations, OUR little guys and
girls...guinea pigs...creatures that give ONLY love and expect nothing more
than to live in return, those same guinea pigs that have been exploited
throughout time and abused terribly through experimentation. NOT those heroes that
died so their slaves could live, but those that were sacrificed for the vanity
of those who will never even knew they existed. Thanks to Rod this day has been
established not only for for those that have loving homes and who have
contributed no matter how great or small to this incredible trip but for the first
time ever the Bridge was opened so piggies like Wilson who saw more than the
light of the sun rising over the mountains, saw the light in visiting those
little guys that have made the trip across the bridge to tell them they are loved
every minute of every day by so many of us. So I raise my glass in a toast to
Rod, a man who in a way "took lemons and made the finest lemonade I have ever
tasted". Thank you Rod from all of us who's piggies have been immortalized on
the Great Poo Trail.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs father.