[Gpdd] HEALTH

MascaraS23 at aol.com MascaraS23 at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 00:50:27 EST 2003

Matisse is in the hospital tonight. He is suffering from gastrointestinal
stasis. In short, his gut is full of food - intestines filled with poop, but
nothing is moving. Its not like a normal impaction - no hard lump to be
removed..in fact, the poop is all quite soft, just not moving. Last night he was given
several enemas by another vet but only eight poops emerged. I am obviously
devestated. The vet he is currently with - i was referred to him by last nights
vet---has him being syringe fed a pumpkin and I believe meclizine (sp?)   gruel
that is supposed to be getting him moving. However, in seven hours he only was
able to poop a moderate amount. Has any body had a situation like this
before? I am heart broken. Pray for my little guy please.

Thank you,

Andrea the Slave
Matisse and Neo