[Gpdd] Silly: Walking on Sunshine

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 20:57:09 EST 2003

Dear Susan (and all interested parties, piggies and people),
       My gang arrived home but I've been a bit slow to report. Mr. Cooders
has been singing bits of Walking on Sunshine, and when he thinks no one is
looking, doing bits from Beethoven's "Rumblestruttin Blues." (And you should see
him rumblestrut!)
       He is one smitten pig, I can tell you that! Cally, he told me
confidentially, is "gorgeous" and has a sparkling personality. He says she's also
quite intelligent. He's pleased with the revenue generated for the gp rescues by
their adjacent kissing booths but secretly admitted he'd have preferred to have
been kissing Miss Cally all the while. But he thinks that that had to the
easy fellowship that developed between so many of the guinea pigs.
       Strange, he says, how he recognized her standing there at the
threshold of the boars section, but he did. "She was everything I'd hoped for," he
told me.
       I think they managed to find some other time to spend together further
getting to know each other. Her paws, he reports, are so soft and she'd had
her nails done.
       Then he starts whistling "Walking on Sunshine" again.
       Wilson seems to feel that he has fulfilled, or begun to fulfill, part
of his mission in life. I guess his meetings with the "unwanted pigs" were
very touching and moving. So many of the little fellows were amazed to know that
there were people who thought and cared about them and grieved for their
lonely or even miserable lives. There were tears and smiles and a new hope. They
began to realize and recognize that they are loved -- that we know they're there
and will one day come for them and coax them to join one or the other of us
and our piggies on the other side of the bridge.
       Ebeneezer thinks that Wild Willie is pretty cool, teases Mr. Cooders a
bit (and Mr Cooders loves it) and is amazed by all the piggies and slaves and
their efforts. "Those Penny Giggles are really something," he says. He's
proud of Wilson, too, as we all are.
       He loved performing with Beethoven. Said, "You should have heard some
of those cute little sows squeak and squeal!"
       Weary slave will end here, but they're still full of stories and
incidents and are extremely grateful to Ron for making all this possible for them.

Alge