[Gpdd] health: new girls update

bwk keiper at hiwaay.net
Sat Nov 22 03:22:15 EST 2003

Well, I was holding Sooty, the black female, when I saw *something* go
scurring through her hair. EEEKKKK! So icky! Poor baby! So both of them
went to the vet today, a nice man, he kept saying how pretty and sweet
they both were, and that he was sure they would be a blessing to me.

I thought that was really nice to say. Anyway, he looked at the bug
under the microscope, and it was lice, ew. He gave them a spray and a
rubdown with Frontline. He said that would take care of it. He also said
he thought he saw flea dirt (poop) on them, but no fleas. He said they
should be not contagious in about 3 days.

I might need to put them in the same room on Thursday of next week, as I
will travel then and there will be a pigsitter coming in. Do you all
think that they won't be contagious by then? I don't want Presh, Hon or
Ted to get critters.

Thanks, Bethany
--
bwk * http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper * http://www.arkinc.org