[Gpdd] health-thick urine (joy smith's question)

Joy Wong littlemutt22 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:47:39 EST 2003

Hi all cavy lovers,

this is directed to Joy Smith's question regarding the issue on milky urine.
It might not be the case of an excess of calcium intake. Milky urine can
also be the result of a number of reasons. Salt wheels, a common "extra"
many pet owners buy could also be the problem (however I do recommend that
cavy owners don't use salt wheels, it isn't necessary). Another cause could
be due to alfafa hay. Too much alfafa hay could cause milky urine. I can't
really remember what is the excess element (could be protein)...my cavy
passed away abt 2 years ago, so I can't really remember (sorry about that).
I do suspect however that the cause is too much alfafa hay. Once again, I'm
not a vet, so if the problem persists, do visit a vet.

joY

p/s If you don't feed your cavies alfafa hay or use a salt wheel, i guess
the best way is to visit a vet if your cavy experiences other symptoms.