[Gpdd] Health-- Water Bottle

SCOTT BILOT pinwiz at prodigy.net
Thu Nov 27 19:58:17 EST 2003

HI All! Hope youall had a good Turkey Day!

Us and the pigs did.

Anyway, I saw the submission about the water bottle damage. Actually, the ball itself is stainless steel, and highly unlikely to be damaged, or mis-shaped. It's the actual tube that you have to worry about. If the end of the tube gets bent, or crimped by accident, or your piggie's teeth, it will most definitely leak. We have drinking tubes that are a couple years old, and don't have any problems.......YET. But, as we added more piggies to our family, we have found that CRITTER CANTEEN bottles work out best. The ball is under a light spring load, which prevents the ball from leaking. These bottles are made by Super Pet products, and are not all that expensive. And, if your pig somehow chews a hole in the bottle, DON'T throw the drinking tube away. Keep it for a spare. Wash it out, and put it in a plastic bag. If the tube has a larger screw cap, you can also use a plastic soda bottle as a spare. Sure, you might have a few extra pieces around, but you never know when they will come in
 handy!

Scot, Rebecca, and The Gang