[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Patches not eating

gpdd-forward at gpdd.org gpdd-forward at gpdd.org
Wed Oct 1 14:23:37 EDT 2003

This is a forwarded message. Please direct any replies directly to sender.

----- Forwarded message from Gpdd-bounces at gpdd.org -----
Subject: Re: Gpdd Digest, Vol 2, Issue 27 Patches not eating
From: Bellarobi at aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:55:22 EDT
To: Gpdd at gpdd.org

Hi again,
when Sweetie had major surgery and would not eat I started with 4ml Pumpkin
Pie filling, followed by 2ml water with the syringe, every four hours. Another
good advice I received at this time was, to warm her in a blanket or towel on
my lap after feeding. Sick guinea pigs get cold easy and the warmth helps them
to digest the food. Sweetie was on pain meds and Baytril after surgery. I
gave her the pill by laying it on the syringe filled with water and shooting is
sideways back in her mouth. After 3-4 days I started mixing the pumpkin filling
with water and pellets. I was told that oats work also well but Sweetie did
not like that. For variety I bought carrot puree. I let her decide on her own
when she stopped the syringe feedings. I know that without the feedings she
would have died. Good luck with Patches. I hope for the best.
Marion

----- End forwarded message -----