[Gpdd] HEALTH - Lice on Guinea Pigs

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 19:44:25 EDT 2003

Christina - I read your posting about lice on your cavies.  I had lice on one
of my cavies that I bought from a pet store.  I bought some "8 In 1" small
animal spray that was supposed to kill lice, mites, and fleas.  I have seen
other brands as well.  It worked fine on my cavy.  I had to spray her for a couple
weeks to be sure that I had all of the hatchlings killed off as well.  I also
sprayed her cage with the spray.  She was fine after that.  Good luck with
your cavies and I hope this helps.  By the way, I bought the spray at PetsMart
and have seen it at other places as well.  It is for guinea pigs as well as
other small animals. On another subject - Patches has been starting to nibble at
some food, however, still not eating well on his own.  It is certainly a start
though and encouraging.  I will keep everyone posted!  Debra, Patches,
Peanut, and Pumpkin