[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] <new members>

craig bassett cbassett9 at mchsi.com
Wed Oct 1 23:01:42 EDT 2003

Hi.  My name is Craig, and I joined the gpdd a couple of weeks ago.  We've
had Lulu for about a year and half now, and I must say that I've grown quite
fond of the little furball!  I've had dogs and cats before, but I never
would have considered having a guinea pig.  One day last year, however, my
wife and daughter decided to go out and find a pig while I was out of the
house for the day.   (imagine the nerve!)  Anyway, to make a long story
short, Lulu and I have become the best of friends.  I buy her food and
treats, I give her snacks when I'm home for lunch, and I try to get her out
of her cage for some grazing in the back yard when the weather permits.  I
think that Lulu has become just as fond of me too, because if my wife or
daughter is holding her she'll crawl over to me if I sit down beside them.
She also wheeps for me when I come downstairs in the morning but won't do it
for anyone else.  Needless to say, I think that the girls are getting
jealous!  Oh by the way, on the topic of what everyone feeds their piggies:
Lulu gets pellet food in the morning, along with a serving of fresh green
lettuce, green pepper slices, and maybe a couple of baby carrots or slices
of cucumber.  At noon I give her a little snack biscuit and some timothy hay
(she goes crazy for this).  A little more veggies in the evening finishes
her off for the day.  Don't know if we're overfeeding her, but she doesn't
appear to be overweight or in poor health.  Any insight would be
appreciated.
Anyway, I enjoy reading the letters from the digest.  Bye for now.  Craig,
Kim, Emma, and Lulu (our little squeaker)