[Gpdd] HEALTH - Patches not eating

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 23:59:41 EDT 2003

Hi Slaves: I wanted to update everyone on Patches condition and thank
everyone again for all of the advice and best wishes.  To my absolute delight,
Patches has started eating a little bit on his own again.  He has started moving
around more and acting like a cavy again instead of sitting all "puffed up" in
the corner as well.  I actually broke down and cried last night when he stood up
on his hind legs to greet me when I walked over to the habitat.  I am still
offering him "pellet mash" to supplement his meager food intake, however.  He
is now eating some mash off the spoon or directly out of a small bowel.  He
much prefers this to being "force fed" with a syringe.  Since he is stronger now
and able to eat some this way, we will do it his way.  I hope he will soon be
eating well enough on his own that I can discontinue the mash entirely.  He
also got a chance to play with his cagemates for a while today.  He really
misses being in with them full time.  I have had him sectioned off so I could
monitor his food and water intake for the last few days.  I hope very soon he will
be able to join them again full time. I think his two "brothers" miss him too!
 Wheeeks to all - Debra, Patches, Peanut, and Pumpkin