[Gpdd] HEALTH <and diet!>

laura whiles ljwhiles at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 12:04:28 EDT 2003

Wow!

Many thanks to everyone for the advice already i've recieved within 24 hours
of joining the GPDD! Bertie is on his way to a different vet's tomorrow
morning, i will let you know how i get on!
Very glad to hear Brownie Bear is so much better, Leah, gives me some hope
for my little mini wheeker.

Also very pleased to hear that Craig loves his piggie so much- my partner
Nick gave me a grudging 'yes' when i said i needed piggies in my life again,
(reckoned they would smell bad and thought they were funny-loooking!) but
absolutely ADORES them now, doesn't even mind too much when they leave
little jelly beans all over him- i also hear him talking to them in baby
voices every time he walks past their hutches.
As for feeding, sounds as though you are doing great to me, my two get as
much dry mix as they want (i never have been much of a fan of pellets, call
me silly but i always think they look boring! Dry mix gives you all the same
ingredients as you get in pellets, but all seperated out so piggies can eat
all the bits seperately and enjoy the flavours!) They also get veggies
morning and evening, usually lettuce, carrots, cucumber, dandelions/grass
etc, peppers, can't get either of them to try spring greens, maybe too
bitter?  They also, of course, get through mountains of hay!

Also found out what the Poo Trail was today, and swiftly joined up my two.
(they could get to Seattle on their own in about three days i reckon!) most
happy to have found people as daft about piggies as I am.

Much love and squeakiness,

Laura, Nick, Archie and Bertie.