[Gpdd] [HEALTH] - syringe feeding...

Bob & Chris Robertson rssg at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 6 09:31:10 EDT 2003

I wanted to add my comment on yogurt.  Recently I had to feed Spookie by
syringe.  When this is necessary I grind up pellets with my coffee grinder
so they are a fine powder, and usually add them to applesauce.  I didn't
have any applesauce in the house but I did have my flavored yogurt.  She
loved the fruit yogurt and goobled it down.  We were lucky, whatever bug she
had picked up passed very quickly and she was eating on her own in about 36
hours, but the yogurt was very easy to offer.  I have heard of folks who
"share" their yogurt with their pigs at snack time, and after watching my
Spookie go for it I guess I will have to get a second spoon.

Chris, Cleo & Spookie