[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Shaking/Purring? And What about those wheeks?

Rebekah rivkahe at castledesk.com
Sat Oct 11 17:08:08 EDT 2003

Hello everyone, this is Ethel and Lucy's slave again... we've just gotten
them, and we've realized that every time we hold them, Lucy and Ethel
shake.... Its like shivering but.... could it be they're purring?  What
does it feel/sound like when the pigs purr?  And when we hold them,
sometimes they start to wheek and squeak at us and each other.... does that
mean they want to go back to their cage? are they scared or something?  can
anyone explain this to me?

Lucy and Ethel are my first ever guinea pigs and I just want to know if I'm
doing something wrong...

thanks lots!

Rebekah
Lucy