[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Jumping Pigs

Tex texg at cavyinfo.com
Sat Oct 11 21:01:05 EDT 2003

Our first piggie, Wiggy, taught us early that piggies could jump quite
well. He used to paly a game where we'd put him on the floor, he'd run
around and then jump up onto the seat of the armchair where his cage was.
It was at least 18" high.

One day, we went to buy Wiggy a new cage. The store employee showed us a
cage with no top. "Guinea pigs can't jump," he said "so this will be
perfect". He felt pretty stupid when we stopped laughing and told him about
our little high-jumper.

Since then, we haven't had a piggie that can jump as high as Wiggy did, but
we *have* seen some high jumps. "When pigs fly...." as they say ;-)

Tex