[Gpdd] (Announcement) Re: Lilac

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 14:54:39 EDT 2003

I am going to kiss every one of my piggies until they
wheek for mercy when I get home from work tonight!
That story is so sad...I got my beautiful little
Serendipity from a pet store a few days after 9/11
(the first time I ventured out of my house after the
event), and she was so very sick she couldn't raise up
to get a drink of water, and was being pushed away
from the food bowl by her much larger cagemates. I
don't think the employees realized she was so sick,
and her symptoms got worse when I took her home...I
nursed her back to health by putting drops of water on
pellets and letting her eat them one by one from my
hands. On top of her illness, she was also pregnant;
unfortunately the baby was stillborn. I am happy to
say that she is a VERY healthy 3 pounds now. My vet in
Hawaii said she couldn't believe it was the same pig!
Joseph- don't beat yourself up about failing the
little girl...at least you checked up on her and
helped make her last moments on earth more
comfortable. Sometimes that's the best we can do. I
hate to say it, but I avoid pet stores for that very
reason now- I just can't bear to see all the animals
that are being harmed due to ignorance or
indifference...plus- I want take every piggy I see
home with me!
Kiss George the GP for me, and thank you for being a
good dad!
-Stacy and the Squee Squad (Gizmo, Max, Serendipity,
Maxine, Teddy, Oscar & Willie)