[Gpdd] [Behavior] - Help on introductions

Liz Jimenez liz.jimenez at verizon.net
Tue Oct 14 21:00:00 EDT 2003

I would love some advice about Guinea Pig introductions.  I have had Dollie
(who is a large boar, about 3 pounds) for almost 3 years.  I have recently
gotten a job which requires me to be away from home for most of the day,
and so I decided to get him a friend.  I picked up Caramel (also a boar,
just under 3 pounds, thought to be about a year old) from a local
shelter.  They have been living in the cage together, but I have
partitioned it into two sides.  They occasionally chatter at each other or
bite at the dividing cubes.  I have had them out together twice.  The first
time went ok.  The second time they started chattering, and Caramel lunged
at Dollie, teeth bared.  I feel badly keeping them in half of the cage,
because they both love to run.  Does anyone have advice on getting them to
live together, or even just play together?
Thank you for your help,
Liz

Liz Jimenez
liz.jimenez at verizon.net