[Gpdd] RE: Health......Koko sleeping soundly

James & Margaret Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Wed Oct 15 16:14:08 EDT 2003

Beki:

My Koko is doing the same thing as your Daphne; that is, sleeping very
soundly.  When I got Koko he was about 9 months old and was my first
piggie.  I wondered when he slept because I never saw him lay down; even
if he did, his eyes were always wide open.

As he got older I noticed that he would sleep but wake up at slightest
noise.  Now that he is going on 5 years old he sleeps very soundly and I
can walk up to the cage and touch him before he wakes up.  I guess maybe
it is just part of becoming a senior citizen of the cavy world.

I did take him to the vet a couple of weeks ago because ever since he was
neutered about two years ago he has steadily lost weight.  He eats well
and is normal in every way but is just loosing weight.  The vet could
find nothing wrong with him and said that it was probably just because of
his age.  I'm not real sure I agree with the vet on this one.

Jim.......Koko, Abby, Sassy Suzy, Speedy, and Ginger