[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: Thank you each and all

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 14:32:14 EDT 2003

I want to thank Theresa for her kind words regarding my posts as well as all
those who read them and find them in the least comforting when suffering a
loss and for those that after reading it pick up their little guy/girl and kiss
them and whisper into their tiny ear "Thank you God for one more day with my
little guy/girl." I'm SURE we all have had various pets throughout our lifetime,
but only now, only with our guinea pigs have we felt something VERY special.
I don't know if it is because of their helpless nature, their way too cute
face or that moment that was exemplified not too long ago where one of our little
guys mother was forced to feed her baby and five him/her medicine. Until then
the little guy/girl was apprehensive when her mother went to pick her up and
at that moment when she HAD to feed the little one that her baby let her KNOW
that he or she actually KNEW her mother was tending to her health and if I
recall, she licked her and hence forth that bond was established. What I DO KNOW
is that the love we give them IS truly unconditional, it is the purest a heart
has to offer. I can't speak for all of those who read this but it seems in
loving them, we have a new found value for life. Maybe it is because we are
faced every day with the mortality of that which holds so much prime real estate
in our hearts. I would imagine the best word to describe what these small gifts
from God create is an epiphany which makes life sacred be it from the
smallest insect to the largest of animals that share this planet with us. Theresa
spoke of my writings bringing a tear to her eye. Well, were I to say I have EVER
read of the passing of ANY of our little guys, and not have shed a tear, it
would surely be the greatest lie of the century. So in Theresa's words "They mak
e us cry but the tears are for healing." Thank you all for your kind words in
the past, and for reading my sometimes rambling impassioned words when it
comes to our little balls of fur. In closing I offer one more thank you to Rod and
all the members of this digest for allowing the little girl who wished she
could help, being memorialized on the Poo Trail. It is for this she HAS a name,
that name is Lilac.

Sincerely,

Joseph Petrillo, George the guinea pigs father