[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Quincy

Crystal Lewis crystlew33 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 11:53:42 EDT 2003

It is with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes that I tell you all that
Quincy crossed the bridge last night.

Needless to say I am devastated.  After the surgery to remove the bladder
stone appeared to be successful I had such high hopes for him.  However,
he spent his last day with us in a drug induced fog and refused to eat or
drink.  It was like he just decided it was his time to go.  I tried so
hard to get him to eat and drink but he just wouldn't.  I just don't
understand.  He passed within 10 minutes of getting his pain meds, he
retched and seized the entire time.  I feel so guilty because I think I
did something wrong.  I wanted to avoid putting him through pain but it
happened anyhow.

He was a special boy who was this terrified little bitty thing with
enormous ears when I first brought him home.  He was afraid of everything.
 It was such an honour to love him and have him return the love.  It was
thrilling to watch him become an affection boy who loved to snuggle and to
watch his fear melt away.  He became a vocal boy who cried his little
heart out for treats every night at 11pm sharp.  I will always remember
his floppy pink ears and how when I would rub his chin he would point his
nose to the sky, shut his eyes and his mouth would open like he was
saying... Ahhhhhh... and how I could feel his love for me when ever he
looked at me.  He would have been 2 in February.

I buried him this morning in the garden and next spring will plant
something beautiful on him in memory.

In sadness,
Crystal... slave to Spike
Remembering always, my angels, Tribble & Quincy