[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Ovarian Cysts and Too Much Calcium

Rebecca Jones rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 04:46:35 EDT 2003

Thank you to all that replied re Gemma's ovarian cysts, I appreciate everyones advice. I was concerned to read about Gemma being in pain, the vet kind of made out that it was something she could just live with apart from the hair loss. I am keeping a close eye on her and will investigate these hormone injections.

While doing a little research of my own on Peter Gurneys site, I have discovered a new problem (isn't that just the way) that I could do with some help on.  The other day Daphne in her wisdom ripped all the newspaper up off of the hutch floor and made a tent out of it for herself.  I noticed that apart from the usual heaps of poop that she had left a white deposit on the floor.  On Peter's site this is a sign of too much calcium and I'm looking for a list of foods that I can feed every day and which have too much calcium and should be fed less frequently. Can anyone point me to a website with the information please?

The girls get fresh vedgetables twice a day.  Breakfast usually consists of a rommaine lettuce leaf each, a baby tomato and a baby carrot.  Dinner would be a rommaine lettuce leaf each, a baby sweetcorn and maybe some cucumber.  I supplement this with apple slices, plum slices, maybe occasionally some melon rind and occasionally that mixed spinach, watercress and rocket you can buy in a bag.  They will vary rarely eat brocolli or califlower but will only eat it one day, they refuse it the next leaving mommy to have to eat the rest!

Does this sound OK or am I overdoing something?  They do of course have a constant supply of Gertie Guinnea pig and permanent access to copious amounts of green hay.  Any advice gratefully received.  I want my girls to live a long and happy life so want to make sure I am doing the right thing for them.

Beki
Daphne and Gemmas Mom