[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] <our new piggy>

craig bassett cbassett9 at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 21 22:15:22 EDT 2003

Kim and I just adopted a new black and white Abyssinian piggy today from the
local Animal Rescue League.  Her name is Abby, and she is simply adorable.
I had seen her on Sunday when I stopped in to pick up a bag of timothy for
our other girl Lulu and was hoping she'd still be there today when I went
back with Kim.  Well, luckily she was still there so we asked to hold her
and twenty minutes later we were on our way home with her!  Now Lulu - who
we've had for over a year and a half - didn't quite know what to think of
Abby, as it's been a long time since she's been around another piggy.
Lulu's always been fairly timid - not much of an adventurer, but Abby is
just the opposite.  Minutes after being brought home she was antagonizing
Lulu, snooping all around the room, and climbing all around the place!  I
think there may be a bit of an adjustment period - for all of us!  But I
definitely think that bringing Abby home was a good idea so that Lulu can
have someone to "talk" to while the rest of us are gone during the day.
Plus, now Kim will have someone to hold while I'm loving up Lulu!
Bye for now,
Craig, Kim, Emma, Lulu, and now Abby