[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: AOL, Hotmail Bounces and GPDD Website down

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Tue Oct 21 22:51:38 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Don't know if thie will make it through or not. Evidently, our web host
(and a lot of other web hosts!) are experienceing a "Denial of Service"
attack. This is where some person or group gets their jollies by "jamming"
the Internet so websites, e-mail and other services can't be accessed. All
we can do is wait it out; your patience is appreciated.

We've seen a lot of bounced messages from AOL and Hotmail users. Keep in
mind that if your GPDD gets bounced back to us, it will disable (and
eventually cancel) your subscription. Both AOL and Hotmail (MSN) have been
installing strict Spam filters, and they are usually set to bounce any
message that has the *slightest* appearance of spam. Unfortunately, mailing
lists look that way to a filter, as they send out a bulk message.

If you haven't been getting your GPDD, check your e-mail options! You may
need to set a permission to receive e-mail from gpdd at gpdd.org (or just
@gpdd.org), or you may need to modify an e-mail filter to let your GPDD
through.

If you've been unsubscribed - we didn't do it! As mentioned, if your GPDD
bounces back to us enough times, the list software will do it
automatically. Of course, anyone that has been unsubscribed, or can't get
the GPDD won't get this message - so if you know of anyone tha this has
happened to, let them know. As soon as we get the web servers back, we'll
get this announcement up for people to read as well.

Thanks for your time,

The GPDD Team