[Gpdd] [HEALTH] piggy still not eating or drinking - seen vet

New Dominant II me at buddies.org
Wed Oct 22 02:09:41 EDT 2003

I'm going through a teeth problem right now ... my little girl had surgery
yesterday ... yesterday she was taking Critical Care very enthusiatically
minutes after I brought her home ... same first thing this morning ... but
at her second feeding (I've been feeding her Critical Care every 3 hours
since I noticed she had the slobbers Saturday night), she wouldn't eat more
than a mouthful if that.  I tried giving her Vanilla then Strawberry High
Protein Boost (thinking she'd take liquid), but she wouldn't take those
either.  I called the vet this afternoon after his appointment hours and he
prescribed a pain medication, thinking that the pain medication he had used
yesterday during surgery had worn off and she wouldn't eat because of the
discomfort.  Within half an hour of giving a dose, she was eating hay and
pellets on her own!

BTW, who is your vet?  I notice you're in the San Diego area.  I may be able
to give you information on a second opinion.