[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Guinea Pig Bites!!

Lisa lisa at cricklade71.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 12:23:07 EDT 2003

Hi to all piggy slaves!

Wonder if you can give any advice/reasons to my question. I've got to male guinea pigs (brothers) who are really lovely and good fun.  Their personalities differ so much; one is really bold and one is really shy!  Well, it's the bold one who is quite naughty, he bites everything, and I mean everything!!  If he is sitting on my lap, he tries to bite my buttons, zips, clothes.  He starts off licking my hand then that develops into a nibble.  I've given them wood to nibble on, they have hay, fresh vegetables a mineral lick, but his behaviour is always the same.  Will I just have to get used to it or does this mean he is deficient in his diet or something.  He usually settles after some petting, and he doesn't bite his brother. Just wondering if it means anything or if there's anything I can do for him.

Thanks piggie lovers.

Lisa and her two beautiful piggie brothers, Smokey and Bandit!