[Gpdd] [HEALTH]

Bob & Chris Robertson rssg at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 22 16:48:47 EDT 2003

My Spookie is a silkie, and she too has a cyst - hers is on her hip.  When
we noticed it the size was very small.  Our vet said to keep an eye on it.
Lately it is getting bigger.  We are going back to our vet to decide if it
should come off.  It does not seem to bother her at all, even when you
fiddle with it to inspect it.  It is very hard, like a rock, and moves about
when you touch it, so it seems to be growing right under the skin rather
than from her bone or muscle.

To those syringe feeding -- one of the concerns it that the cavy isn't
chewing and the teeth begin to grow since there is no natural grinding to
wear them down.  Someone on the GPDD told me she used her coffee grinder to
grind pellets into powder so they could be added to the baby food or blended
veggies.  I have found that this adds fiber which helps to firm up their
stool a little.  Some cooked oatmeal will also add good fiber to the
digestive track.

To all those dealing with sick little guys, our prayers are with you.

Chris, Cleo & Spookie