[Gpdd] [CARE] Bonding with new pigs

Mary Yan maryhu82 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 16:28:49 EST 2003

Hello to everyone who's reading this!

I'm completely new to guinea pigs, though I've read a
lot online (mainly from Seagull's Compendium, Guinea
Lynx, and Cavy Spirit).  I just got two boys on
Monday, and they're not too socialable.

My question... I've been getting conflicting advice
about getting to know each other.  I'm not too sure
what it would be called.  I've been told to just
handle them every day and eventually they will get
used to it.  But I've also read that I should leave
them alone and if they let, pet them, and they'll
eventually get used to me.  How is one supposed to go
about, for lack of better words (sorry!) breaking them
into the new scene?

Also, natural lighting versus man-made lights... we go
to sleep at different times almost every night.  What
do the rest of you do about the lighting around your
piggies?

Thanks!

"The Boy's" Parents,
Marilisa (and Daniel)