[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Re: Guinea Pig Bites!!

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 14:50:54 EST 2003

Hi Lisa,
I have a biting piggie too...Ouch!
I wrote another Slave about this last
month and I'm just too darn lazy to re-type
it so here's what I wrote her...

...........I have done everything
imaginable to stop my crazy pig from
biting, but I am convinced now that
there are just some piggies that will
bite, no matter what. My B-Bear is not
an evil pig, or anything like that.
She's just Spoiled Rotten and she is
very Demanding. And she knows that biting
is wrong, because I can tell that half
the time, she comtemplates it before she
even does it. And then she will have
this "I'm So Sorry, Mama" look on her
face afterwards. She's Nuts, I tell ya.
A lot of times, she will bite just to
get the attention. She's starved for
attention, but so am I, so obviously
she takes after her Mommy. :-)

I'm running out of time and I need to
get ready for my tap dance class, so I'm
gonna paste a couple of websites that
address "biting piggies". So, here ya
go...

http://cavyspirit.com/biting.htm

http://www.aracnet.com/~seagull/Guineas/CavyCorner/bitingpigs.html

I hope these help ya.

   Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
         Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)

Hi to all piggy slaves!

Wonder if you can give any advice/reasons to my
question. I've got to male guinea pigs (brothers) who
are really lovely and good fun. Their personalities
differ so much; one is really bold and one is really
shy! Well, it's the bold one who is quite naughty, he
bites everything, and I mean everything!! If he is
sitting on my lap, he tries to bite my buttons, zips,
clothes. He starts off licking my hand then that
develops into a nibble.  I've given them wood to
nibble on, they have hay, fresh vegetables a mineral
lick, but his behaviour is always the same.  Will
I just have to get used to it or does this mean he is
deficient in his diet or something. He usually settles
after some petting, and he doesn't bite his brother.
Just wondering if it means anything or if there's
anything I can do for him.

Thanks piggie lovers.