[Gpdd] Announcement/ New mama dies

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 17:34:21 EST 2003

Dear Sandi,
     I feel so bad for you -- to have new babies then to lose such a young
mommy piggy. I know you feel just wretched and we all feel so badly for you.
       I wonder if 5 months is perhaps to young to have babies (altho I'm
sure its an excellent time to begin a pregnancy). I am in no way suggesting that
you're responsible, by the way. But my daughter had serious problems with 2
mommas of the same age. One of the stories is to terrible to tell. I hope other,
more experienced people, will offer the benefit of their greater knowledge on
this.
       Somewhere I read that younger piggies need their energy to do their
own growing before becoming pregnant. (We all know the hazards of a too late
pregnancy.)
       Age may have had nothing to do with this. I think its a shame that
guinea pigs are able to reproduce so early in that it's too early for them
physically and sometimes psychologically. I think mother natured errored a bit here.
       Know tho that my heart goes out to you. I bet the babies are so sweet.

With sympathy,
Alge