[Gpdd] Care--aspen bedding

Amy Lovekin piglove at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 6 13:24:05 EDT 2003

Chelsea:

I have had very good luck with Aspen bedding.  Doesn't seem to have
the same kinds of oils in it that the pine or cedar do.  Sometimes
you can find it in bulk at feed stores, and when I was getting it, it
was far cheaper than any of the specialty beddings such as Carefresh,
and it's soft.  Sometimes it can be ground finely so that you have to
watch for bits getting into the pigs' various rear crevices and
orifices, but other than that I found it a wonderful bedding.
Unfortunately I can't get it where I now live, or I'd keep using it.

Amy