[Gpdd] MISC Yay!

Luita Spangler luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 8 12:42:13 EDT 2003

 Oh, I'm SO glad the GPDD is back! I was really surprised by my grief at
its apparent demise--I kept telling myself to be a grownup, that
everything is ephemeral, that I should consider myself lucky to have
been a member of such a fine group for so long, that I should just be
grateful to Carlo for having such patience with us for so many years,
etc. etc. And nevertheless, I was really, really sad. I missed hearing
about George, probably one of the most loved guinea pigs on the planet,
and
Brownie Bear, and Pignics, and Pig Rescues, and everything else, and I
worried that I would miss the historic day when the Poo Trail made its
heroic goal...and these are hard things to talk about with colleagues at
the university! "The poo trail? Virtual poos elevated by nuclear power?
Luita, how long has it been since you had a vacation?"

Anyway, I want to announce the fact that my household is richer by two
piggies. We got them at the Berlin animal shelter - very impressive,
large, well-run, compassionate, and what's best of all - no-kill (Their
website is www.tierschutz-berlin.de - but it's in German. Klick on
"Eingang" to enter). Bert is black and white, teeny weeny but growing
fast, with pink ears that grow pinker when he's excited. Ernie is
considerably bigger, brown, black and white, and pleasantly plump. They
both have been neutered (the Berlin animal
shelter neuters and spays all its animals). Rod, please enter them into
the Poo Trail annals, at 75 ppd each. They are proud to contribute, and
prouder still to join the GPDD international family

Luita
Bert and Ernie