[Gpdd] Behavior/Biting

Alge (BR) algernon at eudoramail.com
Wed Sep 10 00:18:12 EDT 2003

Hi,
   My Wilson has always been a bit of a biter, but I got him when
he was three weeks old, and I knew nothing about piggy pouches,
picking them up in towels so they feel secure, etc. Poor little
Wilson's arms and legs would flail wildly and his teeth would try
to grip anything they could. I shed a few small drops of blood early
on. My daughter however said those were "nips" -- that true bites
generally require a stitch or two. And in truth, these weren't true bites.
       Now, and for a long time, when Wilson wants me to put him
down he sorts of skims his teeth across my forearm. It's as gentle
as a breath. However, if that doesn't work he might make it a bit more definite the next time.
       The thought of your piggy running in a circle and pausing to bite sounds quite comical.
       Gentle handling and patience helped with my Wilson tho he's
now fond of climbing into his piggy pouch to be picked up. So I
think some of the tendency to bite in certain circumstances is just
fear and these guys need a tender touch. Still, be careful.
       Surprisingly, Wilson is actually becoming a rather cuddly
little guy. Last night he actually let me cut his nails with little
protest. And NO bite or "nip" attempts.

Alge

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com