[Gpdd] [tech]turning off HTML

Rod rod at megalink.net
Wed Sep 10 19:44:01 EDT 2003

I hope this will help those of you who are posting with all that code in
your messages,
 that was not there when you sent it...:)

HTML code.

If you use Netscape Mail  do the following :-

Left click on.......

In box:...( icon in task bar at bottom right of Netscape page)

  Edit:.........(second heading from left, top menu)

     Preferences: ...( bottom selection of edit window)

       Mail and Newsgroups:.......  (click on + sign by this heading)

         Formatting: .........(near the bottom of list)

Now in this window, left click on the white button to put a Dot in it, by
"Use the Plain text editor to compose messages"

Also, do the same  by "Ask me what to do if the message has HTML
formatting, otherwise send in plain text"

Now " Click on the OK button at the bottom" .......  to save changes.

You should also note that you can override these settings through the
Options panel of the "Message Composition Window".

If you use MS OutLook Express,

Open Outlook Express.

Left click on,

 Tools:  .......(in top menu)

    Send: ......(Second tab at top left )

    In Mail sending format Box....left click on button to put a dot in it by
    "Plain Text"  you could also do the same in "News sending format".

Now Left Click on OK at the bottom to save...

For other Internet Mail programs, I would suggest looking through the
"Options" settings found somewhere in the top menu. Find the settings
related to "Sending Mail" and you should find a switch to turn off HTML.

I hope this helps.

If you don't know if you are sending HTML coded messages. Just look at one
of your own messages sent to the GPDD and see if your message is duplicated
below itself with all that other stuff, mixed in...:)

Warm weeeks.

Rod.