[Gpdd] Behavior: Chirping vs. singing

Deb Tabert atjnp at wmis.net
Fri Sep 12 17:40:38 EDT 2003

Joey....If it sounds like you have a bird in the house, it's the chirping!
Last spring I remember wondering where the bird that got in the house was;
THEN I realized it was one of the pigs!  The pig song is different; it isn't
just a few chirps, it's a song's worth of them!  Don't know if this is
helpful; hope it is!

Sometimes the rest of the pigs "freeze" when a pig chirps (I believe in the
wild chirping is a warning mechanism), but most of the time they could have
cared less.  Whenever a pig chirps I check them to make sure they're OK (my
chirpers only did it in the middle of the night!).  Patches sung once only;
it was beautiful, and there will be no doubt in your mind when you hear it!

Deb, Ronnie the paper-eating Wonder Dog, and his sidekick Burton, Lewis,
Blizzard, Count Olaf and Dunkachino (the new pig on the block), and Judge,
Buddy and Cinnamon (waiting for their forever homes), remembering KB (who
left for the Bridge 8/27/03), Buttons (7/14/03), Estes (2/25/03), Sable,
Harriet, Brodie, Patches and Little Bit