[Gpdd] Re: Health - diarrhea

gsbees at earthlink.net gsbees at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 06:31:08 EDT 2003

Hello,

First of all, take the gp to the vet or at least let the vet know by
phone of the situation so s/he can tell you what to do!

Definitely you should eliminate the fresh veggies for the time being.
Keep to the pellets, which have the vitamin C, and if you can find some
hay, give him some of that for roughage.

In Wanda Curran's book, she recommends also pediatric
electrolyte/Pedialyte to replace fluids loss from diarrhea.  (I've given
my gps that in syringe doses).  Also, she recommends 1/4 t. anti-diarrhea
medicine like children's Kaopectate by spoon or eyedropper.

You might want to also mix yogurt with mashed up fresh GP pellets from
other gps and feed him with a syringe.

Phoebe's Mom

gsbees at earthlink.net