[Gpdd] Health

Lauren3581 at aol.com Lauren3581 at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 13:16:23 EDT 2003

 Hello all,
  I just wanted to make piggy owners aware of a bout with an ear infection that my gussguss underwent while the gpdd was down.  I recognized that there was a problem because gussy was walking with her head tilted.  I though maybe she had an itch or a piece of hay stuck in her tooth so i didnt worry at first.  then she started having trouble walking straight so i rushed her to the vet.  after two different vets her ear infection and white cell buildup was diagnosed.  it took about a month for her to heal and yet another month for her to "straighten" out, as the crookedness became a learned behavior.  sometimes when she is tired she still goes "crooked".  If i had recognized the sign of this infection up front i could have healed it sooner, so watch out for crooked piggies!
  Also, my Maybell sneezes about twice a day.  she has always done this and has no accompanying respirtory infection symptoms.  Do you think this is just a dust allergy?  Also, I just moved to Cleveland OH and am lookinf for a good piggy vet if anyone has a suggestion.
   Nuzzles and carrots,
       Lauren, Gussguss and May